My grandmother enjoyed cooking and feeding her family, friends, and neighbors. She loved to host dinner parties and prayer gatherings, and every time, she made this rosewater bundt cake, dusted with powdered sugar. It was her signature cake, served at every “mehmooni” (which means a gathering or party in Persian).
My grandmother is one of the strongest people I know. I shared a little about her life and story in my blog post – Shrini Donmarki.
It is so special to have her recipe for her rosewater bundt cake, which I have veganized of course. 🙂 Her recipe was actually already mostly plant-based as she only used one egg.
“You will face many defeats in your life, but never let yourself be defeated.” – Maya AngelouPrint
Persian Rosewater Bundt Cake
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 6 people 1x
A vegan rosewater infused cake perfect with a cup of tea.
- “Flax Egg” – 1 Tbsp ground flaxseeds combined with 3 Tbsp water. Mix, and let sit for 5 minutes.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 Tbsp rosewater
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Combine the Flax Egg, sugar, oil, and rosewater in a large bowl.
- Add the plant-based milk and mix.
- Add the cardamom, baking powder, and the all-purpose flour, and mix until combined.
- Pour the cake batter into a well-greased bundt cake pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
- Let cool 5 minutes. Flip the cake onto a plate or cake stand. Dust with powdered sugar.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Desert
- Cuisine: Iranian/Persian
Keywords: Vegan, Plant-Based, Persian, Iranian, Desert, Rosewater, Egg-free, Dairy-free, Cake