A friend recently asked if I had 10 minute meal ideas! I laughed because it takes me 10 minutes just to make a salad. Since then, however, I have been thinking of quick and easy meal options for kids.
These KooKoo Sibzamini muffins are very easy, and while they take longer than 10 minutes to cook, they take less than 10 minutes to prep. This is a great finger food for kids, whether on a picnic or a playdate. My kids love dipping them in ketchup.
The recipe is very similar to our original and traditional KooKoo Sibzamini recipe, but much easier! No waiting, watching, flipping with these muffins.
KooKoo Sibzamini is a Persian dish traditionally made with eggs and potatoes. “Sibzamini” refers to potato, and it literally translates to “apple of the earth” in Persian. Our vegan version replaces egg with Just Egg (a plant-based egg replacer made from mung bean).
We hope you give this simplified Persian recipe a try!
“Don’t find fault; find a remedy.” – Henry FordPrint
A potato and “Just Egg” muffin perfect for a quick lunch or snack.
- 5 medium Russet potatoes
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 bottle of Just Egg (egg replacer)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Wash, peel and chop the potatoes into 4 quarters. Place in pot filled with water. Cover and cook on high heat for 20-25 minutes until potatoes are cooked and tender.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, drain the pot, rinse the potatoes under cold water and let the potatoes cool down for 10 minutes.
- Mash the cooled down potato with a potato masher in a large bowl.
- Add turmeric, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and baking powder to the potatoes. Mix the ingredients until well blended.
- Shake the bottle of Just Egg well and add to the mixture. Mix together ingredients until well blended.
- Grease a muffin pan very well. Fill each cup. Bake for 35 minutes or until a knife comes out clean. Set to broil for 2-3 minutes.
- Let cool for at least 15 minutes before removing the muffins from the pan.*
- Noosh-e-Jan (Enjoy)!
*Make sure to grease the pan well, and let the muffins cool at least 15 minutes or it will be hard to remove the muffins.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: Iranian/Persian
Keywords: Vegan, Plant-Based, Persian, Iranian, Snack, Egg-free, Muffin, Lunch, Kookoo Sibzamini