My 6 year-old daughter Layli loves to cook. Every Friday afternoon, we cook together. She is already planning to take over the blog and started to write recipes for us to share. 🙂
We enjoy making kale chips, cookies, lemonade, vegan Rice Krispies, and veganizing some of my own childhood recipes.
These cinnamon rolls are from the cooking class I took in 7th grade! I remember making this at home for my mom as a child. I was so proud to know a recipe. Veganizing the recipe is very easy with all the plant-based dairy alternatives.
It is a yeast-free recipe and easy for vegan baking with kids. They do have a heavy consistency so I call them cinnamon roll scones. We hope you and your kids enjoy this recipe! Happy (vegan) baking!
“Where there is kindness, there is goodness. And where there is goodness, there is magic.” – Cinderella
An easy, kid-friendly recipe
- 2 cups flour
- 3 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp sugar
- 6 Tbsp plant-based butter (softened to room temperature)
- 2/3 cup plant-based milk
- 2 Tbsp melted plant-based butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp plant-based milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Add in the plant-based milk and stir with a wooden spoon.
- Add in the plant-based butter. Use a pastry cutter to blend.
- Use your hands to combine, and form a soft ball.
- Put on a lightly floured board and knead for 20-30 seconds.
- Roll out to 1/2 inch thick.
- Brush the top with the “Filling” mixture
- Roll up the dough.
- Cut in 1 inch slices, and put on greased baking pan.
- Bake at 425 F for 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Let cool before pouring over the “Glaze.”
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American