My six year old daughter loves to cook. Since I can remember, she has always asked to help in the kitchen. This past school year, before the pandemic, she was enrolled in an after school cooking club. While I knew all the dishes she would prepare would be vegetarian, I was pleasantly surprised when the first recipe she brought home were egg-free applesauce muffins!
We modified the recipe to make it fully plant-based and added some of our own favorite ingredients. The best part of plant-based baking is that my kids get to lick the bowl!
My daughter was so excited for me to share “her” recipe. She always loves watching me work on the blog. When I first started creating the blog, she said “maybe people will see it and want to eat vegetarian.” #goals 🙂
Let us know if your kids enjoy these apple cinnamon mini muffins too. A perfect bite-size snack for a plant-based playdate!Print
Mini Apple Cinnamon Muffins
- Total Time: 22 minutes
- Yield: 24 mini muffins 1x
- Diet: Vegan
Easy, kid-friendly apple muffins
- 1/4 cup softened plant-based butter (we use Earth Balance or Miyokos)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 5 Tbsp. plant-based milk (we use Oatly)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- cinnamon/sugar mixture topping: 1 Tbsp. sugar with 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Cream the plant-based butter and sugar with a mixer.
- Add in the applesauce, vanilla and plant-based milk. Mix.
- Add in the flour, salt, cinnamon, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix.
- Fold in the finely chopped walnuts.
- Grease a mini muffin pan and fill 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle the tops of each muffin with the cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Plant-based, Vegan, Egg-free, dairy-free, Muffins, Breakfast