Easy, kid-friendly apple muffins
- 1/4 cup softened plant-based butter (we use Earth Balance or Miyokos)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 5 Tbsp. plant-based milk (we use Oatly)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- cinnamon/sugar mixture topping: 1 Tbsp. sugar with 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Cream the plant-based butter and sugar with a mixer.
- Add in the applesauce, vanilla and plant-based milk. Mix.
- Add in the flour, salt, cinnamon, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix.
- Fold in the finely chopped walnuts.
- Grease a mini muffin pan and fill 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle the tops of each muffin with the cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Plant-based, Vegan, Egg-free, dairy-free, Muffins, Breakfast