An easy, golden vegan Persian puff pastry.
Plant-based puff pastry (I used Pepperidge Farms – see Notes)
Agave syrup (or maple syrup)
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Place the puff pastry dough on a well-floured surface. Spread open with a rolling pin.
- Brush agave syrup on the puff pastry dough with a pastry brush.
- Cut the dough closely together using the long pill cookie cutter shape.
- Make a small cut in the middle of each puff pastry.
- Place the cut puff pastry on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake the puff pastry for 8-10 minutes.
- Lower heat to 350 F and bake another 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- After removing from the oven, brush with agave syrup again.
You will need a plant-based puff pastry for this recipe. You can make your plant-based puff pastry as I have seen recipes available online. We went with the easy option of store bought plant-based puff pastry. We used the Pepperidge Farms Puff Pastry, which you can find at major grocery stores. You can use this helpful article for more store-bought puff pastry options.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Iranian/Persian
Keywords: Vegan, egg-free, eggless, dairy-free, dessert, Persian, iranian, pastry, puff pastry, zaban