A delicious twist on the traditional apple pie with Fuyu persimmons
- Two 9-inch vegan pie crusts (store bought or homemade – SEE NOTES)
- 7 medium Fuyu persimmons (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Melt vegan butter in a medium saucepan.
- Add the all-purpose flour, white sugar, brown sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, and cardamom. Stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until thickened and sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
- Place one 9-inch pie crust in a 9-inch pie plate. Fill with sliced persimmons. Add the sugar mixture, and combine with a spoon.
- Use the other 9-inch pie crust to cut into strips and create the lattice design over the top of the pie.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 F, and continue baking until crust is golden brown, about 40 minutes more.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Category: Dessert
Keywords: Vegan, Dairy-free, Egg-free, pie, persimmon, holiday, cardamom, dessert