A dairy-free Persian ice cream with flavors of rosewater, saffron, and pistachio
- Place the Silk heavy cream, soy milk, and sugar in a high-speed blender and blend for 30 seconds to dissolve the sugar.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl. Add the vanilla, rosewater, and Brewed Saffron, and whisk to combine.
- Add to the pre-chilled* ice cream churning bowl, and churn according to manufacturer’s instructions – my Cuisinart is about 20-25 minutes. It should look like soft serve (see video below). In the last 2 minutes, add the chopped pistachios.
- Once churned, transfer the ice cream to a medium freezer container, and freeze for 2 hours.
- Best when fresh, but will keep in the freezer for about 5 days.
- Noosh-e-Jan! Enjoy!
*The day before, place your ice cream churning bowl in the freezer to properly chill.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 145 minutes
- Category: Dessert
Keywords: Persian, Iranian, Dessert, Rose, Ice Cream, Bastani, dairy-free, egg-free, vegan, saffron, pistachio