Allergy-friendly, sprinkle cookies
- 3/4 cup vegan butter (melted)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 “Vegan Eggs”
- 3 Tbsp. Bob’s Red Mill egg replacer mixed with 6 Tbsp. water – let sit for 5 minutes
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 6 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2–3 Tbsp dairy-free milk (plus more as needed)
- Rainbow sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Prepare the Vegan Eggs.
- In a medium bowl, combine the melted butter, sugar, Vegan Eggs, and vanilla – the “Wet Ingredients.”
- In a large bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt – the “Dry Ingredients”
- In a stand mixer, use the dough hook attachment, and add the Wet Ingredients. Running the mixer on medium/low setting, slowly add the Dry Ingredients. Once the Dry Ingredients are incorporated, slowly add the warm water. Continue to mix on the medium/low setting until a dough forms.
- Break off small pieces of dough and roll into 1 inch balls. Place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 13-15 minutes. Let them cool completely.
- For the icing, mix the powdered sugar and dairy-free milk in a medium bowl. Add more dairy-free milk (little by little) as needed to reach the desired consistency. You want it to be thick and white.
- Once completely cooled, dip the cookies upside down into the icing, then turn them over and add sprinkles. Place on wax paper to let the icing dry and harden before serving.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Vegan, Dairy-free, Egg-free, Cookies, Italian, Sprinkles