Easy, delicious vegan Mac n Cheese
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups of unsweetened, plain plant-based milk (I use organic soy milk)
- 2 Tbsp. plant-based butter (I use Earth Balance or Miyokos)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups of grated plant-based cheddar (I use Violife)
- 1/2 cup of grated plant-based parmesan (I use Violife)
- 12 oz of elbow pasta (I use Jovial gluten-free elbow pasta)
- Slowly bring the water, plant-based milk and butter, and salt to a boil in a medium pot. I recommend stirring occasionally to prevent a skin forming from the milk. If it does, just spoon out.
- Add 12 oz of pasta, and stir until the water and plant-based milk come to a boil again.
- Lower the heat to keep a slow boil, stirring occasionally. Cook the pasta for about 2-3 minutes longer than the indicated cooking time for the pasta. If using the Jovial gluten-free elbows, I cook for about 12-13 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the plant-based cheeses. Stir until mixed well.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Vegan, Plant-Based, Mac N Cheese, Dairy Free