A kinder, plant-based Persian kabob using Beyond Beef.
- 16 oz package of Beyond Beef (plant-based ground)
- 1 small Russet potato
- 1/2 small red onion
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Peel potato, chop and place in small pot filled with water. Cover and cook on high heat for 10-15 minutes until potato is tender. Rinse the potato under cold water, and let the potato cool down a few minutes. Mash the potato well.
- Grate the red onion and add to the mashed potato. Mix well.
- Add the Beyond Beef to the red onion/potato mixture. Combine by hand. Add the salt, pepper, turmeric, and lemon juice, and combine by hand until well blended.
- Oil a baking sheet very lightly. Use your hands to create long kabobs and place on baking sheet. Should yield abut 7 kabobs.
- Bake in the oven for about 5 minutes. Flip each kabob and bake another 5 minutes. Set oven to broil and cook for a final 3 minutes on broil.
- Add a dash of sumac (optional). Serve with Persian rice or lavash bread.
If you would like to also include roasted tomatoes with your kabobs, take 6-7 small vine or Roma tomatoes, toss with 1 tsp. cooking oil, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. black pepper. Bake in the oven on 350F for 20 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Iranian/Persian
Keywords: Vegan, Plant-Based, Persian, Iranian, Kabob, vegetarian