A light and flaky dessert shaped like a Bow tie
Plant-based puff pastry (I used Pepperidge Farms – see Notes)
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- If using a store-bought puff pastry dough, follow the instruction to defrost as needed.
- Place the puff pastry dough on a well-floured surface. Spread open with a rolling pin.
- Cut the dough closely together using the long, pill-shaped cookie cutter.
- Pinch the puff pastry in the middle and twist from the middle two times to create the bow shape.
- Place the cut puff pastry on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Bake the puff pastry for 8-10 minutes. Lower heat to 350 F, and bake another 20-25 minutes until golden.
- Take the puff pastry out of the oven and let cool.
- Dip in a wide bowl of powdered sugar until fully coated. Shake lightly to remove excess sugar.
You will need a plant-based puff pastry for this recipe. You can make your plant-based puff pastry as I have seen recipes available online. We went with the easy option of store bought plant-based puff pastry. We used the Pepperidge Farms Puff Pastry, which you can find at major grocery stores. You can use this helpful article for more store-bought puff pastry options.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Persian/Iranian