A Persian, potato frittata
- 5 medium Russet potatoes
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 bottle of Just Egg (egg replacer)
- 2 Tbsp. cooking oil
- Wash, peel and chop the potatoes into 4 quarters. Place in pot filled with water. Cover and cook on high heat for 20-25 minutes until potatoes are cooked and tender.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, drain the pot, rinse the potatoes under cold water and let the potatoes cool down for 10 minutes.
- Mash the cooled down potato with a potato masher in a large bowl.
- Add turmeric, salt, pepper, and garlic powder to the potatoes. Mix the ingredients until well blended.
- Shake the bottle of Just Egg well and add to the mixture. Mix together ingredients until well blended.
- Add the cooking oil to a large, non-stick pan on medium heat. Important: Wait 1 minute for the oil to heat.
- Add the mixture to the pan and spread out evenly.
- Cover and cook on medium/low for about 15 minutes until the mixture is firm.
- Cut the mixture into 4 quadrants. When firm, flip over each quadrant. Continue to cook (uncovered) another 10 minutes until cooked throughout.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Iranian/Persian