Plant-based Persian Kabobs
- 12 oz package of Impossible burger
- 1/2 small red onion grated
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. lemon juice
- Mix all ingredients by hand in a large bowl.
- Shape into long kabobs. Makes about 7 kabobs.
We tried grilling the kabobs directly on the BBQ but found they were not firm enough. Instead, we cooked the kabobs on the foil on the grill for 5-10 minutes until they were firm. Then we moved the kabobs directly onto the grill. We then grilled for about another 10 minutes until fully cooked.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Oil a baking sheet very lightly. Place kabobs on baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for about 5 minutes. Flip each kabob and bake another 5 minutes. Set oven to broil and cook for a final 3 minutes on broil.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Iranian/Persian
Keywords: Vegan, Plant-based, Persian, Kabob, Vegetarian