A flavorful, kidney bean curry.
- 1/2 Tbsp cooking oil
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes chopped
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp red chili powder (depending on desired heat)
- (2) 15oz cans organic red kidney beans
- 1/2 of a 15 oz can light coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 lemon squeezed
“Chutney” (See Chutney directions below)
- 2 medium sized gingers
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 4 garlic heads
- 5 Serrano chili
- Prepare “Chutney”
- Peel ginger and garlic heads
- Wash and dry cilantro and Serrano Chili
- Add all “Chutney” ingredients together in a food processor and blend well.
- Add 1/2 Tbsp cooking oil to medium saucepan on medium heat.
- Add tomatoes and 2 Tbsp. Chutney, stir, and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the cumin, coriander, turmeric, and red chili powder. Stir and let simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Add the red kidney beans, including the liquid in the cans.
- Add the light coconut milk. Be sure to shake and then stir the can of coconut milk before using.
- Add the salt. Stir all ingredients and let simmer on medium/low for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Add the juice of 1 lemon. Taste and add more coconut milk if it is too spicy. Add more red chili powder if you would like more heat. Add more salt to taste.
- Let simmer another 10 minutes on low heat for flavors to blend well.
- Garnish with finely chopped cilantro. Enjoy over rice, naan, or quinoa.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: Vegan, Rajma, Indian Food, Vegetarian