Delicious, savory biscuits with a hint of sweetness.
- 1/4 cup plant-based butter (I used Miyokos)
- 1/2 of 8oz package of KiteHill Plain Cream Cheese
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (plus more for dusting)
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup plant-based milk
- Favorite Jam
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Set out plant-based butter and cream cheese at room temperature for at least 30 minutes to soften.
- Combine the all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the softened plant-based butter and cream cheese to the large bowl.
- Use a pastry blender to combine the plant-based butter and cream cheese with the flour mixture. Continue until the pieces of plant-based butter and cream cheese are cut down to the size of small peas.
- Add the plant-based milk to the mixture. Stir with a wooden spoon.
- Set out wax paper and sprinkle with all purpose flour (about 2 tsp).
- Spoon out the dough onto the wax paper and turn the dough over to coat it in the flour. Use your hands to shape it into a ball.
- Sprinkle flour on a rolling pin. Roll out the dough until about 1/2 inch thick.
- Use a 2-3 inch circular cookie cutter or biscuit cutter (dipped in flour) to cut the dough into circular shapes.
- Remove scraps of dough from around the cut biscuits and repeat process to cut more biscuits.
- To make the daisy design, use kitchen scissors to make 5 small cuts around the edge of each biscuit.
- Use your thumb to make a thumbprint in the center of each biscuit.
- Spoon a little jelly into the center of each biscuit.
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly golden.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Vegan, Plant-based, Biscuits, Dairy-Free