A kid-friendly, Mexican-inspired, vegan chili
- 2 Tbsp. grapeseed oil
- 1 white onion, diced small
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- (2) 4 oz cans of chopped mild green chiles
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3 14–ounce cans Great Northern White Beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 package of Gardein Chik’n Scallopini, defrosted and chopped into cubes
- 3 cups of shredded vegan mozzarella (I use Violife)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Crushed tortilla chips, sour cream, avocado, and green onions for topping
- Heat large pot on medium-high heat. Add the oil.
- Add the onions, and cook on medium heat until translucent, about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add the garlic, stir, and cook another 2 minutes.
- Add the green chiles, cumin, oregano, and cayenne pepper (if using). Stir.
- Add the white beans and broth, stir, and bring to a simmer.
- Add the Chik’n Scallopini, stir, and allow the chili to simmer (covered) for about 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, and add in the vegan mozzarella. Stir until well blended.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve, and top with vegan sour cream, avocado, toritlla chips, and green onions.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 35
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Chili
Keywords: Vegan, Chili