A vegan Persian crispy potato and “egg” comfort dish
- 6 medium Russet potatoes
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Just Egg (egg replacer)
- cooking oil
- Wash, peel and dice the potatoes into small 1 inch cubes.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. cooking oil in a large non-stick pan on high heat for 1 minutes.
- Add diced potatoes and cook on high heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook another 5 minutes.
- Add turmeric, pepper, salt to the potatoes.
- Cook another 2-5 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Shake bottle of “Just Egg” egg replacer and add entire bottle to potato mixture.
- Cook another 5 min until the Just Egg liquid has cooked and firmed, stirring throughout like a scramble.
- Serve with ketchup or Persian Torshi.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Iranian/Persian
Keywords: Vegan, Plant-Based, Persian, Iranian, Egg-free, Just Egg