Anybody else need an island vacation? Until then, this cake is a little slice of paradise. This recipe is inspired by one of my kids’ favorite books – Eight Animales.
I first tried this vegan recipe a month ago, and I have made it three (3) times since! It is delicious and perfect for dessert, brunch, or birthday cake.
“Be a pineapple: Stand tall, wear a crown, and be sweet on the inside.”
- 4 fresh pineapple rings
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup plant-based butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup plant-based milk
- 1/3 cup plant-based butter (melted)
- 1 “Flax Egg”
- 1 Tbsp flaxseed mixed with 3 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Arrange pineapple rings in 9.5” round baking dish.
- Place chopped pecans around the pineapple rings.
- Melt 1/4 cup plant-based butter and combine with the brown sugar. Drizzle over the pineapple rings and chopped pecans.
- Prepare “Flax Egg” in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add plant-based milk, 1/3 cup butter (melted), Flax Egg, and vanilla. If batter is too thick, add more plant-based milk (1 Tbsp at a time).
- Pour batter over pineapples in baking dish.
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes or until fork comes out clean.
- Let cool completely.
- Flip entire cake over a serving platter!
- Serve with plant-based whipped cream!